Senior DevOps Engineer
Climate Engine is a mission-driven organization committed to helping organizations understand our changing planet.
We do this by operationalizing the world’s leading science and Earth Observation data to track risks, better predict the impacts of extreme events, gain critical insights into changes, and understand opportunities for increased sustainability and climate resilience. We provide an ecosystem of science partnerships combined with the power of Google Earth Engine and the big data infrastructure of Google Cloud. Climate Engine delivers decision-ready insights across a broad range of sectors including financial services, agriculture, water, natural resources, supply chain, health, and infrastructure.
Check out what we’ve been up to over the last year via our LinkedIn and Twitter pages and a recent partnership announcement with Google Cloud: Google Cloud Launches Partnership Initiative to Help Global Organizations Improve Sustainability and Better Understand Climate Change
Being the first dedicated DevOps role at Climate Engine, this role will heavily influence the future of DevOps at Climate Engine. We are looking for someone who can build reliable infrastructure that scales with our company’s growth.
- Creation of all CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions, GCP Cloud Build, Skaffold
- Service monitoring using Prometheus and Grafana dashboards
- Infrastructure deployment on GCP using Terraform and Kubernetes Config Connector
- Software deployment using Docker, Helm, and Kubernetes (GKE)
- Management of Google Cloud resources and projects
- Implementation of basic ChatOps and notifications through Slack
- Recommend any further optimizations for software releases and testing