Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a self-motivated person who has a technological background and education to help contribute to the ongoing development and build-out of our technology stack. The successful candidate will be working on a daily basis under the direction of our Head of Technology to execute numerous tasks related to the following;
- Developing, testing, optimizing and implementing our enterprise-level, production system
- Work could include back-end development (Python+Flask), authentication, database administration, and API design
- Assist with development and administration of cloud architecture (Kubernetes)
- Perform various duties and tasks related to big data analytics including data ingestion, data manipulation/cleansing, and data management
- Work within a multidisciplinary team which includes technologists, scientists and business leaders
- Liaise, work with, and problem solve with partners including cloud providers, data providers and strategic collaborators.
- Provide technical coordination support for the project team including updating internal Github issues, Wikis and other project documentation or communications.
- Excellent communication skills (spoken and written)
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in computer science or related field
- Strong coding skills in Python
- Experience with big data systems development, API development
- Experience deploying applications using Kubernetes
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated to manage deliverables, deadlines and multiple projects concurrently
- Familiarity or experience working with remote sensing imagery and geographic or geo-location metadata would be considered an asset but not mandatory