Senior Python Developer
Climate Engine is a mission-driven organization committed to helping organizations understand our changing planet.
We do this by operationalizing the world’s leading science and Earth Observation data to track risks, better predict the impacts of extreme events, gain critical insights into changes, and understand opportunities for increased sustainability and climate resilience. We provide an ecosystem of science partnerships combined with the power of Google Earth Engine and the big data infrastructure of Google Cloud. Climate Engine delivers decision-ready insights across a broad range of sectors including financial services, agriculture, water, natural resources, supply chain, health, and infrastructure.
Check out what we’ve been up to over the last year via our LinkedIn and Twitter pages and a recent partnership announcement with Google Cloud: Google Cloud Launches Partnership Initiative to Help Global Organizations Improve Sustainability and Better Understand Climate Change
This role will be dedicated to a greenfield project within the company, providing the new hire with a large amount of technical decision-making and influence over future development. Therefore, besides being an awesome Python developer, the ideal candidate will have a “startup” mindset, open to tackling a wide range of challenges (many outside of their direct experience).
We are a scale-up company that provides ample opportunities for growth, influence within the company, and exposure to many different aspects of software development. Climate Engine is looking for a candidate who would tackle a wide range of challenges and grow with the company.
- Developing, testing, and implementing enterprise-level, production software
- Back-end development (Python + FastAPI), database administration, and API design
- API authentication and authorization
- Assist with software deployments (Docker + Kubernetes)
- Work within a multidisciplinary team that includes technologists, scientists, and business leaders
- Liaise, work with, and problem solve with partners including cloud providers, data providers, and strategic collaborators.
- Provide technical coordination support for the project team including updating internal Jira issues, wikis, and other project documentation or communications.